About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Corporation as Transport Project Manager. The successful candidate will manage a portfolio of transport-related projects, and will involve working with teams across the organisation and external partners to identify transport and associated constraints in order to facilitate the design and implementation of solutions. You will manage projects from inception through to completion, ensuring best practice in project management approaches and implementation throughout. The role will provide advice to colleagues on transport-related strategies, and information, analysis and commentary to inform decisions made by the Infrastructure and Enabling Works Directorate, EDC Directors, the Board and our sponsor Department (Department of Levelling Up, Housing & Communities).
Who we’re looking for:
- Professional experience in an infrastructure and transport environment.
- Considerable knowledge and extensive experience in the delivery of transport projects.
- Strong project management experience with a proven track record, preferably in relation to the delivery of transport, major projects, and programmes.
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary working environment.
- A strong understanding of programme and project delivery, preferably in the public sector.
- Demonstrable experience of project delivery, systems and programme management including health and safety, financial, risk and project management aligned to industry standards.
- Experience in the compilation and management of financial budgets and reporting.
- Experience of developing and maintaining successful relationships with key stakeholders and the management of multi-disciplinary teams, SMEs, consultants and contractors.
- Experience of working with the Department for Transport, Government agencies, local authorities, property developers, house builders, contractors, environmentalists, and communities.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage and influence stakeholders both within government and externally.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to speak with authority on relevant aspects of transport design and delivery.
- Excellent IT skills, particularly in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project.
- Highly organised with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Team player with the ability to work flexibly as part of a small team with demanding targets and successfully manage a varied and complex workload, prioritising accordingly.
Information about the role:
Position: Transport Project Manager
Salary: c.£65,000 per annum
Hours: Permanent, Full Time
Location: The Observatory, Castle Hill
The Corporation operates a hybrid working arrangement whereby staff mix working from home and the office.