Leading architects, urban designers and built environment experts have joined the new Ebbsfleet Design Forum to ensure the highest possible quality of development is achieved in the area. The forum will play an important role in furthering Ebbsfleet Development Corporation’s commitment to securing high quality design, contributing to its sustainable growth.
The 25 strong Ebbsfleet Design Forum is an independent group of experienced professionals from a broad range of backgrounds. Aiming to review proposals at an early stage, they will scrutinise proposals for new development and give clear advice to developers and planners before schemes are considered by the corporation’s planning committee.
The forum, which includes experts in sustainability, transport planning, arts and culture, and inclusive design, will support Ebbsfleet Development Corporation and its planning committee in securing high quality development and the creation of exceptional places.
The forum is chaired by Sadie Morgan, who, over a 25-year career, has played a key part in championing exemplary design and architecture, receiving an OBE in 2020 for services to design advocacy in the built environment. She is one of ten commissioners for the National Infrastructure Commission (NIC), and sits on the board of Homes England.
Sadie Morgan said:
“I am delighted to be chairing this forum with such a talented and experienced team of people. The high calibre of forum members reflects the ambition and opportunity of the EDC to deliver high quality, sustainable design. We look forward to supporting them in their journey to achieving this.”
Five members of the forum will meet monthly to consider applications, and will be managed externally, by Frame Projects, to ensure its independence.
Neil Cameron, Chair of the Ebbsfleet Development Corporation Planning Committee, said:
“EDC welcomes the Design Forum’s contribution to shaping Ebbsfleet into an attractive, healthy and dynamic place to live, work and play. Designs will be reviewed at the earliest stages, allowing time for the forum’s comments to be taken on board and revisions made well in advance of schemes being submitted as planning applications.“
Full membership of the Design Forum is:
- Sadie Morgan (chair)- dRMM
- Paul Appleby – Paul Appleby Sustainability Consultant
- Abigail Batchelor – Karakusevic Carson Architects
- Georgina Bignold – Proctor and Matthews Architects
- Sahiba Chadha – Cullinan Studio
- Lanre Gbolade – Gbolade Design Studio
- Louise Goodison – Cazenove Architects
- Shashank Jain – studio 4215
- Maddie Kessler – Madeleine Kessler Architects
- Sasha Krstanovic – mstep
- Dilip Lakhani – BBUK Studios
- Julian Lewis – East
- Alexander Matthams – Buro Happold
- Bruce McVean – City of London Corpration
- Anagha Mujumdar – Potbhare Grimshaw
- Peter Neal – Peter Neal Consulting
- Ken Okonkwo – Haworth Tompkins
- Chloë Phelps – Grounded Practice
- Matt Sampson – The Crown Estate
- Clare San Martin – JTP
- Carla Smyth – LLDC
- Tomas Stokke – Haptic
- Prisca Thielmann – Maccreanor Lavington
- Suzi Winstanley – Turner Works
- Simon Wright – Portway Akeman Ltd
For more information on the new Ebbsfleet Design Forum, visit www.frame-projects.co.uk/ebbsfleet-design-forum